I normally wouldn’t post about nails two days in a row, but I stumbled on some amazing deals today that I couldn’t help but share. It looks like Sephora might be coming out with a new formula of nail polish, because almost all of their polishes are currently on sale.
In addition to the mad sales at Sephora, I just bought 5 Julep nail polishes for $12 total! Including shipping! Julep Nail Vernis usually go for $14 each, and they have some of the fanciest formulas out there. The polishes are 4-free, which means they don’t contain formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene, or DBP. I’m on a “makeup buying break,” but Julep made an offer I couldn’t refuse (luckily it wasn’t a bloody horse head in my bed).
7 Crazy Nail Polish Deals (plus glitter eyeliner!)
- Julep Maven First Box Free! (code: MAVENFREE) I’ve never signed up for a beauty subscription box, but Julep is having a crazy deal right now – your first box is free! First you take a Style Quiz and determine whether you classify as Boho Glam, Modern Beauty, Bombshell, Classic With a Twist, or It Girl. Based on those categories I would have self-identified as boho, but my favorite box is the It Girl, which comes with three polishes in lavender, apple green, and multicolor glitter. Can’t keep me away from glitter! In order to get free shipping, I also bought Julep Julia, a gold-purple duochrome, and Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat, because my Seche Vite is getting gloopy. Five fancy polishes for $12? That’s crazy talk!
- Sephora Jewelry Top Coats ($4.50): I usually buy cheap polish, but I sometimes splurge for fancy glitter polishes, because they’re so much more dense. You don’t need multiple coats to get a gorgeous effect. Of these polishes, I’m a big fan of The Golden Age, which has a mix of chunky glitter and silver polish (and just might be featured in an upcoming post…)
- Life’s a Beach Mini Kit ($18): I love mini polishes, because the small brushes are much easier for painting tiny toenails, and it’s impossible to use up a whole bottle (especially when you have 40+ polishes). Ten quality polishes for $18 is a great deal, and these are perfectly summery shades. I’ve got my eye on that beautiful green jade.
- Nailed it! Top 10 Best Sellers ($18): Curious about which Sephora by OPI nail polishes were the most popular of last year? For the most part they’re surprisingly muted, but I guess not everyone has my magpie sense of color.
- Betsey Johnson Mini Nail Colour Set ($12): These colors make me want to do a cartwheel down the runway, just like Betsey does at the end of every show. In particular, Son of a Gun is a gorgeous steel blue-gray that reminds me of the ocean at Bethany Beach, my favorite place on earth.
- Sephora by OPI Matte Top Coat ($4.50): I’ve been looking for a matte top coat for ages, so I can do awesome nail art like this. And it has a 4.4/5 review on Sephora, including one by a guy who recommends it for men’s manicures for a natural finish. Good to know …
- Sephora by OPI Nail Color ($4.50): Sephora must be reformulating its polish or something, because even their mainstay polishes are on sale, not just the limited edition sets. That’s a surprise because I’ve always been happy with their super opaque finish – usually one coat is enough! Hurry up because these polishes are selling out quickly.
- Sephora Glitter Eyeliner ($7): I’ve got more than 25 eyeliners, but no liquid glitter eyeliner. Something’s wrong here! Sure, it may not be an everyday shade, but liquid glitter eyeliner is amazing for fun nights out on the town. The royal blue is especially calling my name.
So there you have it! Even when I’m on a “makeup buying break” I’ll compulsively check sale pages. Hope you pick up something that’ll make you smile.