It’s true: I was born on the Fourth of July. It really is the greatest birthday – fireworks, barbecues, and my friends have the day off. In honor of America’s birthday, I decided to do a fun, graphic makeup look.
Step by step photos and instructions below:
For the eyes, I used a royal blue eyeshadow that I have. If you don’t have many colored eyeliners, you can always transform powder into a liner with the help of an angled brush and some saline solution. Water works as well, but the salt helps it stay longer.
- Especially if you’re using powder eyeliner, apply an eyeshadow primer like Urban Decay’s Primer Potion. This will help it stay longer.
- Using an angled brush, make the wings of your eyeliner by putting the brush on your outer corner and aim toward the end of your eyebrow. It helps if you lean your chin up and look at the mirror that way.
- Wet the brush and add more shadow, then apply a thick line of shadow from the inner corner to the flick.
- Clean up any messes with a cotton swab dipped in moisturizer, then apply several coats of black mascara to your upper lashes.
- Apply a red lipstick like Maybelline’s Neon Red to your lips, then blot away using toilet paper to give it the stained look.
All set! Now get out to the barbecue and crack another flag can Budweiser (Yuengling if you can get it).